Re: memcg: cat: memory.memsw.* : Operation not supported

From: Kamezawa Hiroyuki
Date: Fri Jun 29 2012 - 23:48:02 EST

(2012/06/29 3:31), Tejun Heo wrote:
Hello, KAME.

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 01:04:16PM +0900, Kamezawa Hiroyuki wrote:
I still wish it's folded into CONFIG_MEMCG and conditionalized just on
CONFIG_SWAP tho.

In old days, memsw controller was not very stable. So, we devided the config.
And, it makes size of memory for swap-device double (adds 2bytes per swapent.)
That is the problem.

I see. Do you think it's now reasonable to drop the separate config
option? Having memcg enabled but swap unaccounted sounds half-broken
to me.

Hmm. Maybe it's ok if we can keep boot option. I'll cook a patch in the next week.

Thanks,
-Kame