Bug fixes/cleanups for floppy driver (v4)

From: Herton Ronaldo Krzesinski
Date: Mon Aug 27 2012 - 19:56:59 EST

Following this are fixes for bugs noticed on floppy driver, and some
extra cleanups. Version history below:

v2: separate fixes, and incorporate suggestions by Vivek Goyal.
also I splitted the cleanups from fixes.
v3: remove dr, also this possibly makes error handling more readable
(suggested by by Vivek Goyal), incorporate acks.
v4: re-shuffle series with patch from Ben Hutchings handling the queue
reference in a better way inside genhd

Patches 1-2 and 4 are general bug fixes for problems noted in the floppy
driver initialization and its error handling. They are the minimal fix
required, so it's suitable and easy to pick for stable releases (so
are Cc'd to stable), and thus not contain cleanups or re-factoring.

Patch 3 is a patch from Ben Hutchings fixing in a better way the extra
queue reference issue that was introduced in commit 523e1d3 ('block:
make gendisk hold a reference to its queue'). Instead of making the
drivers worry about the extra reference, fix it and handle that in a
better way inside genhd. I'm not sure if this should go with the floppy
changes or picked up separate for the block tree. In any case, patch 6
will only apply after it is applied. His patch was proposed with the
previous series I submitted and handles the problem better so I took the
liberty to include now, I just fixed the changelog as was noticed that
time to reference the right commit, and included my ack.

Patch 5 and 6 implements earlier suggested cleanups and enhancements.

--
[]'s
Herton