Re: [dm-crypt] cryptsetup not working under 3.6 - regression from3.4?

From: Milan Broz
Date: Sun Oct 21 2012 - 06:04:39 EST

On 10/20/2012 10:44 PM, Tvrtko Ursulin wrote:
> But I repeat, even if I load the required modules before hand things do
> not work.

I would say you are still missing some modules.

> Kernel says this:
> device-mapper: table: 252:1: crypt: Error allocating crypto tfm
> device-mapper: ioctl: error adding target to table

It complains about aes-cbc-essiv:sha256.

It can be missing CBC od SHA256, but according the message I bet
you have no "cbc" block cipher mode module compiled.

Can you grep your final .config for CONFIG_CRYPTO_CBC and
CONFIG_CRYPTO_SHA256 a paste it here?

Milan