Re: [ 00/20] 3.4.23-stable review

From: Shuah Khan
Date: Sat Dec 08 2012 - 20:15:41 EST

On Sat, Dec 8, 2012 at 12:46 PM, Greg Kroah-Hartman
<gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 07, 2012 at 05:59:24PM -0700, Shuah Khan wrote:

>> > Correction.
>> > tile: tilegx_defconfig failed:
>> >
>> > tile tilegx_defconfig
>> >
>> > Just a snippet, I can send a full log.
>> >
>> > LD init/built-in.o
>> > HOSTCC usr/gen_init_cpio
>> > /home/shuah/lkml/linux_stable_testing_3.0.56/scripts/gen_initramfs_list.sh:
>> > Cannot open 'usr/contents.txt'
>> > make[1]: *** [usr/initramfs_data.cpio] Error 1
>> > make: *** [usr] Error 2
>> >
>> > Didn't get a chance to investigate.
>>
>> Sorry tile failure is for 3.0.56
>
> Is that caused by something new in 3.0.56, or has it always been that
> way?

Sorry forgot to mention that it is not a regression in 3.0.56. I
compared the patch
and this source file is not patched in 3.0.56-rc1. git log shows that
this file was last
touched back in Jan of 2011 and very likely this error was introduced
in a commit from
Sept 2010.

You can choose to leave this in and I sent a patch which can go
through its normal process
and get pulled in when it gets approved by the powerpc maintainers.

-- Shuah