Re: [GIT PULL] perf changes for v3.8

From: David Ahern
Date: Thu Dec 13 2012 - 14:12:26 EST

On 12/13/12 10:36 AM, Ingo Molnar wrote:
The #1 problem child in this particular case, the one you should
care about most is:

perf record -e cycles:pp

As 99% of the people won't be doing any host or guest side
profiling, they just want to do profiling.

In older code (v3.6 and before) -e cycles:p sets the exclude_guest flag to 0, so -e cycles:p and -e cycles:pG are equivalent with respect to exclude_guest.

Ok? So now we need a patch that does all that - otherwise we'll
have to revert the one that added the regression.

I will not have time to work on a patch until Sunday at the earliest.

David