Re: [v3.7 Regression] [SCSI] sd: Implement support for WRITE SAME

From: Joseph Salisbury
Date: Fri Dec 14 2012 - 21:41:07 EST

On 12/14/2012 05:35 PM, Martin K. Petersen wrote:
"Joseph" == Joseph Salisbury <joseph.salisbury@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
Joseph> I see that you are the author of this patch, so I wanted to run
Joseph> this by you. I was thinking of requesting a revert for v3.7,
Joseph> but I wanted to get your feedback first.

I copied luksformat from a Debian box so I could try to reproduce on
OL6. Everything works fine for me here. I set up a encrypted ext4
device, unpacked a kernel tarball, and did a build.

The oops screenshot in the launchpad bug report is pretty useless.
Please provide a full backtrace so we can get a better idea what's going
on.

Thanks for the feedback, Martin.

I will do some additional research and testing. I'll be sure to capture a full backtrace for analysis.

Thanks again,

Joe