Re: [GIT PULL] x86/uapi for 3.8

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Sat Dec 15 2012 - 16:37:27 EST

On 12/15/2012 01:06 PM, Linus Torvalds wrote:
On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 1:04 PM, Markus Trippelsdorf
<markus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So I wonder if the following simple patch might be enough?
It fixes the issue for me at least.

Not enough.

It presumably fixes the issue for you by hiding the problem. But if
you were to boot a kernel with EFI support, it would re-surface.
Including in any distro kernel that obviously will include EFI support
in order to handle the generic case.

I've reverted the commit.

Right... we'll work on fixing it properly.

-hpa