kernel module not installing on debug kernel: lockdep_init_map

From: Bora Erbas
Date: Mon Jan 14 2013 - 05:36:55 EST

Hi All,

We have some kernel modules that are working on Centos 5.x.
Now we are in the process of porting them to Centos 6.x.

After the initial tests we have observed some freezes with the Centos
6.x while using our modules.
So we decided to utilize the debug kernel during the porting phase.

However, the module is not installing with the error "Unknown symbol
lockdep_init_map".
I am using the below kernel:
kernel-debug-2.6.32-279.2.1.el6.x86_64.rpm

I believe this is not related with the distribution and rather with
the kernel itself, thus I am posting here.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Is there a workaround for this? Any pointers are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.