Re: [patch v5 09/15] sched: add power aware scheduling infork/exec/wake

From: Mike Galbraith
Date: Sun Feb 24 2013 - 22:23:20 EST

On Mon, 2013-02-25 at 10:23 +0800, Alex Shi wrote:

> One of problem is the how to decide the criteria of the burst? If we set
> 5 waking up/ms is burst, we will lose 4 waking up/ms.
> another problem is the burst detection cost, we need tracking a period
> history info of the waking up, better on whole group. but that give the
> extra cost in burst.
>
> solution candidates:
> https://lkml.org/lkml/2013/1/21/316
> After talk with MikeG, I remove the runnable load avg in performance
> load balance.

One thing you could try is to make criteria depend on avg_idle. It will
slam to 2*migration_cost when a wakeup arrives after an ~extended idle.
You could perhaps extend it to cover new task wakeup as well, and use
that transition to invalidate history, switch to instantaneous until
fresh history can accumulate.

-Mike