Re: [GIT PULL] Update LZO compression code for v3.9

From: Markus F.X.J. Oberhumer
Date: Tue Feb 26 2013 - 15:02:13 EST

On 2013-02-26 18:28, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 9:26 PM, Markus F.X.J. Oberhumer
> <markus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> please pull my "lzo-update" branch from
>>
>> git://github.com/markus-oberhumer/linux.git lzo-update
>
> I *really* want github (and other general hosting) pull requests to be
> for signed tags, so that I can see your gpg key and there is some real
> trail of who things got pulled from.
>
> I prefer he signed tags even from trusted machines, because they allow
> for submitters to add comments directly for the merge, but for
> untrusted general hosting sites I will simply refuse to pull without
> them.

Ok, I have pushed a signed tag "lzo-update-signature-20130226", but
I'm not fully sure if that worked - at least

$ git verify-tag lzo-update-signature-20130226
gpg: Signature made Tue 26 Feb 2013 08:39:14 PM CET using DSA key ID 0B2043C9
gpg: Good signature from "Markus F.X.J. Oberhumer <markus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>"

and the tag does show up at

https://github.com/markus-oberhumer/linux/commits/lzo-update-signature-20130226

My public key 0B2043C9 is available on many PGP key servers, e.g.

http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=markus+oberhumer

Cheers,
Markus

--