[RFC 0/2] HID: Introduce .idle() to remove last usb dependence from hid-multitouch

From: Benjamin Tissoires
Date: Wed Feb 27 2013 - 10:39:33 EST

Hi guys,

Well, this series of two patches aims at removing the dependence between usb
and hid-multitouch.
I put a RFC and not a patch as I'm not satisfied with the result:
- adding this callback for one use may not be accurate
- the parameters may not be good either (HID_REQ_SET_IDLE is the only valid
value for now as noone seems to be using HID_REQ_GET_IDLE)
- the return value is clearly not very interesting.
- maybe we should just add HID_REQ_SET_IDLE to .request, but this will require
a few changes in the parameters.

The main purpose of this RFC was to share it with David this new ll callback, so
that we can have a global view of what is needed.

Thanks for the inputs.

Cheers,
Benjamin

Benjamin Tissoires (2):
HID: Extend the interface with idle requests
HID: multitouch: remove last usb dependency

drivers/hid/hid-multitouch.c | 17 +----------------
drivers/hid/usbhid/hid-core.c | 15 +++++++++++++++
include/linux/hid.h | 19 +++++++++++++++++++

1.8.1.2