Re: [BUG][s390x] mm: system crashed

From: Heiko Carstens
Date: Tue Apr 16 2013 - 04:03:59 EST

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 03:56:59PM +0800, Simon Jeons wrote:
> Hi Heiko,
> >If you have some time, could you please repeat your test with the kernel
> >command line option " user_mode=home "?
>
> What's the meaning of this command line? I can't find it in
> Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt/

It switches the architectural address space where kernel and user space
reside in.
We only recently switched the default address space for user space from
home space to primary space, since that's needed for kvm.
The user space runs in home space mode will be removed in the future; we
keep it currently as fallback, just in case something breaks.