Re: Cannot add new efi boot entry

From: joeyli
Date: Wed Apr 17 2013 - 07:34:32 EST

æ äï2013-04-16 æ 11:11 +0100ïMatt Fleming æåï
> On 16/04/13 10:56, joeyli wrote:
> > I think I just got the same situation on my side with Acer machine. I am
> > trying Matthew's new patchset hope can avoid this situation:
> >
> > https://lkml.org/lkml/2013/4/15/473
>
> Please do let us know whether the patches work for you.

I applied Matthew's patches to v3.9-rc7 then tested...

The active_size checking works to me on my Acer machine for avoid the
storage_size/2 issue, I can use efibootmgr to create new boot entry,
now.

But, I found there have the following warning:

[ 1.347581] [Firmware Bug]: efi: Inconsistent initial size

Then, I add printk to print the values of var_size and active_size,
found the values always 0 after system reboot. I am doing to add more
log for locate if this is a BIOS issue.

Thanks a lot!
Joey Lee