Re: [RFC v1] regulator: core: introduce regulator chain locking scheme

From: Grygorii Strashko
Date: Thu Apr 18 2013 - 12:30:27 EST

On 04/15/2013 07:40 PM, Mark Brown wrote:
On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 07:21:25PM +0300, Andrii Tseglytskyi wrote:
On 04/15/2013 06:50 PM, Mark Brown wrote:
In addition, such locking scheme allows to have access to the supplier
regulator API from inside child's (consumer) regulator API.
I've still not seen any use case articulated for doing this...
Use case is introduced in ABB series:
Sorry, I meant any sensible use case.
Hi Mark,

Thanks for you comments. I'll split it to 3 patches:
- abstract locking out into helper functions;
- introduce regulator chain locking scheme
- allow reentrant calls into the regulator framework (with hope that is has future,
may be can enable/disable it through constraints)

I understand that Regulator FW is common and wide used and we should very careful here.

Regards,
- grygorii