Re: fanotify: fix support of large files

From: Justin Maggard
Date: Fri Apr 19 2013 - 15:23:59 EST

On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 4:54 AM, Heinrich Schuchardt <xypron.glpk@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Dear Justin,
>
> looking at the example at
> http://www.lanedo.com/~aleksander/fanotify/fanotify-example.c
> the large file support is enabled by passing O_LARGEFILE to fanotify_init:
>
> if ((fanotify_fd = fanotify_init (FAN_CLOEXEC,
> O_RDONLY | O_CLOEXEC | O_LARGEFILE)) <
> 0)
>
> Could you, please, check if this solves your issue.
>
> (I am resending this message because HTML was rejected by
> linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx).
>
> Best regards
>
> Heinrich Schuchardt

No, unfortunately that doesn't help. I slightly modifed
fanotify-example.c to call perror() when read() fails, and here's the
output:

jmaggard@jmaggard-W520:~/fanotify-test$ sudo ./fanotify-example . &
[1] 7248
jmaggard@jmaggard-W520:~/fanotify-test$ Started monitoring directory '.'...
truncate -s 2047m 2047m
Received event in path '/home/jmaggard/fanotify-test/2047m' pid=7250 (unknown):
FAN_OPEN
FAN_CLOSE_WRITE
jmaggard@jmaggard-W520:~/fanotify-test$ truncate -s 2048m 2048m
read: Value too large for defined data type

-Justin