[HELP] Documentation on CPU:/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpuX/cache/indexX/shared_cpu_map

From: Ren Zhen
Date: Tue Apr 23 2013 - 09:07:49 EST

Hi all:
Can anybody help me to understand the usage of 'shared_cpu_map' in
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpuX/cache/indexX/.
when I execute the cmd--'#cat shared_cpu_map', it retures '05'.
And my computer use Ubuntu12.04,Intel core i3 CPU.
I have read one email in LKML,it says:

"The patch also adds a bunch of interfaces under
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpuX/cache, showing various information about the
caches. Most useful field being shared_cpu_map, which says what caches are
shared among which logical cpus. "

But I still cannot catch the meaning of 'which says what caches
are shared among which logical cpus'.
Thanks.
--
Sincerely,