Re: CONFIG_RTC_HCTOSYS lost on x86 with ALWAYS_USE_PERSISTENT_CLOCK changes?

From: Kay Sievers
Date: Wed Apr 24 2013 - 12:33:15 EST

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 6:07 PM, John Stultz <john.stultz@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So summarizing the above, because as much as I'm aware, its always been
> redundant and unnecessary on x86. Thus being able at build time to mark it
> as unnecessary was attractive, since it reduced the code paths running at
> suspend/resume.
>
> That said, Kay's concerns about userland implications (basically the
> userland side effects of SYSTOHC being enabled) give me pause, so I may
> revert the HAS_PERSISTENT_CLOCK on x86 change.

Thanks a lot for all the missing details!

No, I think that all makes too much sense to revert it. Let's just
find a way to solve it properly. I don't think it is of any pressing
importance to keep the old behaviour, if we can still provide the
functionality today.

I'll continue replying in the later mail ...

Kay