Re: [GIT PULL] EFI merge botch fix

From: Matt Fleming
Date: Tue Apr 30 2013 - 07:54:37 EST

On 30/04/13 09:47, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> The other problem is that tip:x86/efi also conflicts with current -git, as
> of v3.9 - due to interaction with an EFI fix tree ...
>
> This is getting ugly pretty fast, so I'd suggest to re-do the merges
> cleanly, not by rebasing the tree, but by redoing the first merge in
> essence:
>
> e29c2de5f591 Merge tag 'v3.9-rc8' into efi-for-tip
>
> By correctly merging v3.9-final into f53f292 - making sure the changes to
> drivers/firmware/efivars.c correctly merge over, and making sure the ia64
> select does not get lost.
>
> Something like this would do:
>
> git checkout -b x86-new-efi-branch f53f292
> git merge v3.9
> < ... resolve all the conflicts ...>
> git commit
>
> I can then (non-fast-forward) fetch this new EFI branch as the new
> tip:x86/efi.

OK, I re-did the merge against v3.9 as requested and published it as
'efi-for-tip2'. Would you like me to send a proper pull request if
that's easier to pull into the tip machinery?

I have also started accumulating fixes against the EFI changes in
tip/x86/efi. Would you like those as a separate pull request? The fixes
branch is 'efi-for-tip-fixes' and is based on the above merge branch,
'efi-for-tip2'. It mainly includes fixes for bugs in the pstore paths
which Seiji Aguchi found.

--
Matt Fleming, Intel Open Source Technology Center