Re: [git pull] Please pull powerpc.git merge branch

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sun Jun 09 2013 - 23:06:43 EST

On Sun, Jun 9, 2013 at 7:44 PM, Jeremy Kerr <jk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> We keep all patch dates in UTC, but were generating the Date header
> incorrectly. Now fixed:

No, not fixed.

Keeping patch dates in UTC *corrupts* the date.

I'll ask people to stop using patchworks if it cannot keep track of
emailed dates. The date very much is a local time WITH A TIMEZONE.

And it does matter.

> $ wget -qO - http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/249598/mbox/ | grep ^Date
> Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2013 05:42:54 -0000

No. The date from the email was

Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 15:42:54 +1000

and we want *that* date. Not some random date that patchwork makes up
that has no relevance.

I know you have that date, because it shows up when asking for the
headers in patchwork. Just use the right one, don't make up incorrect
ones.

Linus