Re: pull request: bluetooth 2013-06-13

From: John W. Linville
Date: Thu Jun 13 2013 - 13:30:23 EST

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 12:22:28PM +0100, Gustavo Padovan wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> A few important fixes to 3.10. The first one is a crash fix and talks by itself.
> Then we have the support for a device id, it should be fine if you want to
> remove this. Next there are two btmrvl fixes, one for a potential race
> condition that could make its main thread never stop and the other to fix the
> return code when a memory allocation fails. It was returning 0 instead of
> -ENOMEM. Last is a fix to an issue that affects at least some Thinkpad X60,
> Initialization on those laptops were failing due by unsupported cmd we were
> sending to the device. The patch fixes this by checking if the cmd is
> supported first.
>
> Please pull or let me know of any concerns you may have.
>
> Gustavo
>
> ---
> The following changes since commit d90b9e29ec5fe7a08eb7965386ebb47615306584:
>
> Merge branch 'for-john' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/iwlwifi/iwlwifi-fixes (2013-06-12 14:28:21 -0400)
>
> are available in the git repository at:
>

> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/bluetooth/bluetooth master
>
> for you to fetch changes up to 0e1aba9361bf292fbdca781d419dca67d6b9911f:
>
> Bluetooth: btmrvl: fix thread stopping race (2013-06-13 11:48:38 +0100)

I applied these manually to the wireless tree:

> Anderson Lizardo (1):
> Bluetooth: Fix crash in l2cap_build_cmd() with small MTU
>
> Daniel Drake (1):
> Bluetooth: btmrvl: fix thread stopping race
>
> Johan Hedberg (1):
> Bluetooth: Fix conditions for HCI_Delete_Stored_Link_Key

These I will manually apply to wireless-next:

> Cho, Yu-Chen (1):
> Bluetooth: Add support for Mediatek Bluetooth device [0e8d:763f]
>
> Wei Yongjun (1):
> Bluetooth: btmrvl: fix error return code in btmrvl_sdio_card_to_host()

The device ID one might be OK, but it can wait for now. The error
return code patch fixes the return code for a function whose return
code isn't actually checked, so it doesn't seem to need a quick fix.

John
--
John W. Linville Someday the world will need a hero, and you
linville@xxxxxxxxxxxxx might be all we have. Be ready.