Re: event filtering with trace-cmd

From: Arend van Spriel
Date: Fri Jun 14 2013 - 04:22:50 EST

On 06/12/2013 07:16 PM, Steven Rostedt wrote:
On Wed, 2013-06-12 at 12:22 -0400, Steven Rostedt wrote:

# sudo trace-cmd record -e brcmfmac:brcmf_dbg -f 'level & 0x40000'
disable all
enable brcmfmac:brcmf_dbg
path = /sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/brcmfmac/brcmf_dbg/enable
(level & 0x40000)
^
parse_error: Invalid operator

The record -f command passes the filter into the kernel
file /sys/kerne/debug/tracing/events/brcmfmac/brcmf_dbg/filter, and the
error is actually coming from the kernel itself. Looking at the code, we
do not currently accept binary operations. Although, it shouldn't be too
hard to add. I may go and implement it for 3.11.

Here, can you apply this patch and see if it does what you expect?

Hi Steven,

That patch does exactly what I expect. Thanks.

Regards,
Arend