Re: [RFC] sched: CPU topology try

From: Peter Zijlstra
Date: Mon Jan 06 2014 - 11:34:13 EST

On Wed, Jan 01, 2014 at 10:30:33AM +0530, Preeti U Murthy wrote:
> The design looks good to me. In my opinion information like P-states and
> C-states dependency can be kept separate from the topology levels, it
> might get too complicated unless the information is tightly coupled to
> the topology.

I'm not entirely convinced we can keep them separated, the moment we
have multiple CPUs sharing a P or C state we need somewhere to manage
the shared state and the domain tree seems like the most natural place
for this.

Now it might well be both P and C states operate at 'natural' domains
which we already have so it might be 'easy'.