Re: apple_gmux: switcheroo not working on a 2013 MBP

From: Ramkumar Ramachandra
Date: Mon Jan 06 2014 - 16:10:16 EST

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Heider wrote:
> that means that something is still using the GPU, try DIGD or alternatively
> shutting down your X-server before switching.

When I try DIGD, I get:

vga_switcheroo: setting delayed switch to client 0

Then, when I shut down X, I get a blank screen.

When I try IGN after shutting down X, I get the same message:

vga_switcheroo: client 1 refused switch

> I think there are still some EDID issues because
> https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/8/3/300 never got merged, so even after shutting
> down X you might get a black screen, but it should hopefully work with
> external displays.

The series is really old! Why is gmux in such a shabby state today,
and more importantly: how do I get started hacking on it?

Thanks.

Ram