Re: [LNG] Re: [Query] Ticks happen in pair for NO_HZ_FULL cores ?

From: Peter Zijlstra
Date: Tue Jan 07 2014 - 03:47:54 EST

On Mon, Dec 23, 2013 at 01:48:02PM +0530, Viresh Kumar wrote:
> *But wouldn't it make sense if we can tell scheduler that don't queue
> these works on a CPU that is running in NO_HZ_FULL mode?*

No,.. that's the wrong way around.

> Also any suggestions on how to get rid of __prandom_timer events on
> such CPUs?

That looks to be a normal unpinned timer, it should migrate to a 'busy'
cpu once the one its running on it going idle.

ISTR people trying to make that active and also migrating on nohz full
or somesuch, just like the workqueues. Forgot what happened with that;
if it got dropped it should probably be ressurected.