Re: 2.6.34.x longterm stable status

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Tue Jan 21 2014 - 10:10:44 EST

On 08/07/2013 09:07 PM, Paul Gortmaker wrote:

>> - Shouldn't the EOL status be mentioned in the www.kernel.org front page?
>
> It will be marked EOL at kernel.org when it is EOL. Those that care
> about it being EOL would have seen the message about it becoming EOL in
> the previous 2.6.34.x release annoucement.

Maybe it is time to check in on this?

I just noticed that this is now over a year since the last 2.6.34
release, which lags the last 2.6.32 release by about five months. I am
asking because someone just queried me privately about the status of
2.6.34. I'm worrying if people think that security patches are still
being backported if in fact they aren't.

-hpa