Re: Large pastes into readline enabled programs causes breakage fromv2.6.31 onwards

From: Peter Hurley
Date: Tue Jan 28 2014 - 08:31:59 EST

On 01/28/2014 07:17 AM, Stas Sergeev wrote:
28.01.2014 16:03, Pavel Machek ÐÐÑÐÑ:
Hi!

How is this different from the unpatched kernel?
In the unpatched kernel, if you happen on reader side
to enable icanon while n_tty received all but VEOF (is this
possible at all?),
then the buffer will be flushed, and the remaining VEOF
will get you a nice EOF.
So, in the unpatched kernel you get EOF because the buffer
gets wiped.
???

Testcase output from 3.12 w/o patch:
OK, sorry, after a year of rot of my patch in bugzilla, I've
completely forgot the pre-conditions, which is that the
buffer is not discarded, just not pushed.

Consider the total brute-force approach; a shadow read_flags that
distinguishes a real EOF receive from the fake EOF push initiated
by the patch.
Was this solved somehow?
Wasn't this already applied?

Yes, this was applied and is on the mainline master branch,
so will appear in 3.14-rc1.

Regards,
Peter Hurley