Linux Plumbers Conference Call for Refereed-Track Presentations

From: Paul E. McKenney
Date: Wed Jan 29 2014 - 16:20:29 EST

We are pleased to announce the call for refereed track proposals for
the 2014 edition of the Linux Plumbers Conference, which will be held
in Düsseldorf Germany on October 15-17 in conjunction with LinuxCon
(which takes place on the first three days of that same week). Proposals
are due on July 11, 2014 at 11:59PM Central Europe Time.

Refereed track presentations are similar to traditional presentations,
but preferably involve significant face-to-face discussion and debate.
These presentations should focus on some specific issue in the "plumbing"
in the Linux system, where example Linux-plumbing components include core
kernel subsystems, core libraries, windowing systems, management tools,
device support, media creation/playback, and so on. Presentations need
not focus solely on a single specific Linux-plumbing component, in fact,
the best presentations often involve issues that cut across multiple
components.

The Linux Plumbers refereed track will again be shared with LinuxCon,
as it was last year in New Orleans. Because LPC and LinuxCon Europe
are colocated and overlap by one day (Wednesday, October 15), we are
opening the refereed presentations to attendees of both conferences.
As a result, refereed track talk proposals will be submitted via LinuxCon
Europe as Developer presentations, with the top plumbing-related
talks being accepted into the combined Plumbers/LinuxCon track on
Wednesday, October 15th.

Proposals will be reviewed by both the Plumbers and LinuxCon Europe
program committees, which means that submissions might be accepted into
LinuxCon Europe instead of the Plumbers refereed track, in which case they
will be scheduled for either Monday October 13th or Tuesday October 14th
as part of the three-day Developer track. Although we cannot give a set
of hard and fast rules in advance of reviewing the actual submissions,
we can say that proposals covering completed work are more likely to
be accepted into LinuxCon, while proposals that promise to generate
significant cross-cutting discussion are more likely to be accepted into
the Plumbers refereed track.

For more details on how to submit your proposal, please see "Refereed
Track Proposals" at http://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/2014/participate/.

Of course, there is more to Plumbers than refereed-track
presentations, so look for the call for Microconference proposals as
well as upcoming calls for BoFs, hackfests, and lightning talks at
http://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/2014/participate/. This will be an
exciting and important conference, and we hope to see you in Düsseldorf
this coming October!

Thanx, Paul
(Chair, LPC Program Committee)