Re: About gpio-regulator setting on DT

From: Mark Brown
Date: Thu Jan 30 2014 - 07:13:07 EST

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 04:08:30PM -0800, Kuninori Morimoto wrote:

> /* build initial state from gpio init data. */
> state = 0;
> for (ptr = 0; ptr < drvdata->nr_gpios; ptr++) {
> if (config->gpios[ptr].flags & GPIOF_OUT_INIT_HIGH) <== we need this
> state |= (1 << ptr);
> }
> drvdata->state = state;

So this just looks like a bug in the code - the DT has all the data
needed but the parsing code isn't setting everything up that the rest of
the code needs and/or we should drop one of the ways of configuring
things in the main probe function. Avoiding having two ways of doing
the same thing in the main probe would definitely be good.