Re: [tip:x86/vdso] x86, vdso: Instead of dummy functions, include < linux/spinlock_up.h>

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Mon Feb 17 2014 - 04:28:38 EST

On 02/16/2014 11:42 PM, Stefani Seibold wrote:
I think for the first time it will be okay to kick out the
_ASM_X86_SPINLOCK_H hack and accept the C=1 warnings.

At next step it is necessary to make the whole BUILD_VDSO32 path in
vclock_gettime.c independent from the kernel headers, only uapi/ should
be included.

The use of cycle_t must be replaced with u64.

We need a own copy of __native_read_tsc(), __iter_div_u64_rem, smp_rmb()
and cpu_relax().

All of which are quite trivial.

For the non BUILD_VDSO32 path we must only move the #includes inside
this #ifndef BUILD_VDSO32

Sorry, didn't quite follow that.

-hpa