USB keyboard occasional key stuck

From: Daniel J Blueman
Date: Mon Feb 17 2014 - 08:23:35 EST

Across 5+ years of kernels, I've been seeing occasional (1-2 times per
day) key-stuck issues where eg a fn+delete combo repeats delete until
I press delete again. I've seen this happen with fn+ctrl+left, leaving
left held and likewise with right.

This has occurred on Apple laptops, external USB keyboards and Dell
laptops, so seems like a linux USB input issue, as I haven't seen
occur on Windows or MacOS on the same hardware.

It seems a good move for me to rebuild and run a kernel with some USB
HID instrumentation to locate this issue over time. Without apriori
knowledge of the linux USB input stack, what is a good initial
approach?

Thanks,
Daniel
--