[REGRESSION v3.14-rc2] NULL dereference in icmp6_send()

From: Theodore Ts'o
Date: Mon Feb 17 2014 - 13:46:25 EST

I was sitting in the Admiral's Club of Boston Logan airport, having
connected to the free airport wifi, although I had not yet logged into
the captive portal, when I received the following BUG. I've also seen
this once before when connected to my home network (running the CeroWRT
stable snapshot, versoin 3.7.5-2), although I wasn't able to get a
screen shot that time:

https://plus.google.com/photos/+TheodoreTso/albums/5981437894092747105/5981437896646076466

The transcribed stack dump is:

icmp6_send
ip6_expire_frag_queue
ip6_frag_expire
call_timer_fn
run_timer_softirq
irq_exit

I was running v3.13 and v3.13-rcX previously without seeing this, so I
suspect this is a regression.

Cheers,

- Ted