Re: [BUG] unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference

From: John
Date: Mon Feb 17 2014 - 15:20:03 EST

----- Original Message -----
> From: Trond Myklebust <trond.myklebust@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Cc: John <da_audiophile@xxxxxxxxx>; lkml <linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "netdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <netdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "stephen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <stephen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "mlindner@xxxxxxxxxxx" <mlindner@xxxxxxxxxxx>; J. Bruce Fields <bfields@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Sent: Sunday, February 16, 2014 12:27 PM
> Subject: Re: [BUG] unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference
>
> Please ensure that you post to the linux-nfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx when
> reporting NFS and RPC related bugs.
>
> Does the following patch help?

Trond.  Yes, your patch fixes the regression for me; tested on v3.13.3,  I do not know the process by which patches get into the next stable release (minor version).  My hope is that once peer-reviewed, this patch gets into the 3.13.4 and since the 3.12 series is not EOL yet, into 3.12.12 as well.  Thank you for the time and effort!