progress, marching to the rear

From: Gene Heskett
Date: Thu Feb 20 2014 - 23:13:32 EST

I finally found a keyboard I can use when the boots fails to the
initramfs: prompt. ps2 plug on it.

>From the messages it leaves on screen, it is NOT finding the drive plugged
into the mobo SATA1 connector when I try to boot to a 3.13.1-2-3 kernel.

So just to verify I am looking in the right place in the /sys directory, I
believe I was in drivers/pci/sata_nv when I took the pix now up on my web
page.

This is an ASUS M2N SLI Deluxe mobo, 8 Gigs of ram, phenom 9550 running
slow at 2.1 Ghz. This needs the sata_nv module to work with this hardware.

There are 4 drives in this box, and they are all working just fine when
booted to 3.12.9, but that pix I just posted to my web page in the link
below, in the Genes-os9-stf/LCNC link looks like there are only 3, and the
first one has been enumerated to pci 5:0. Then 5:1 and 5:2 if I am reading
that right. But that same location in the 3.12.9 boot also only shows 3
"devices" so obviously I don't know what I am doing. Again...

So, when all I have is the initramfs: prompt, where in the /sys tree can I
verify that all 4 drives are present and awake?

Thanks.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)