Re: Linux 3.14-rc3

From: Boaz Harrosh
Date: Fri Feb 21 2014 - 01:52:43 EST

On 02/16/2014 11:57 PM, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> When I made the rc2 announcement, I mentioned how nice and small it
> was. I also mentioned that I mistrusted you guys, and that I suspected
> that some people were giggling to themselves and holding back their
> pull requests, evil little creatures like you are.
>
> And I hate being right. rc2 was quite small, but rc3 makes up for it.
> I quietly took all the pull requests because clearly this wasn't a
> surprise, but I'm warning you - I'm going to start cursing at people
> if it looks like this trend is going to continue. You've been warned.

I do not think it is any evil doing but a pattern. (But I suspect you
know that). After rc1 there is a two weeks pause hence the small rc2.
This is because trees need to be rebased. Fixes sorted out from next
window development. And everyone is testin, retesting on top of the
just released new Kernel (10,000 patches big). So it might be a sign
for a good thing, no? rc3 is all the breakage found in 2 weeks of
testing.

Just my $0.017
Boaz