Re: SPDX-License-Identifier

From: Michal Simek
Date: Fri Feb 21 2014 - 11:18:58 EST

On 02/21/2014 05:12 PM, Felipe Balbi wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 05:04:26PM +0100, Michal Simek wrote:
>>>
>>> I agree, feel free to start sending patches to use this type of
>>> identifier for drivers.
>>
>> But we probably need to add that Licenses to one location.
>> Documentation/Licenses?
>
> Just add to the drivers themselves, just like u-boot is doing. A simple:
>
> $ git grep -e SPDX-License-Identifier
>
> will tell you filename and license. Or did I misunderstand your question ?

But for doing this it is probably necessary to have location where
you will place that licenses and you will explain what it is how
it is done by Wolfgang in this commit.

http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=commitdiff;h=eca3aeb352c964bdb28b8e191d6326370245e03f

Then yes, adding one line is enough.

Thanks,
Michal

--
Michal Simek, Ing. (M.Eng), OpenPGP -> KeyID: FE3D1F91
w: www.monstr.eu p: +42-0-721842854