Re: put_page on transparent huge page leaks?

From: Jay Cornwall
Date: Sat Feb 22 2014 - 14:31:59 EST

On 2014-02-21 20:31, Kirill A. Shutemov wrote:
On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 11:23:39AM -0600, Jay Cornwall wrote:
I'm tracking a possible memory leak in iommu/amd. The driver uses this logic
to fault a page in response to a PRI from a device:

The head page appears to be leaking a reference. There is *no leak* if
the driver faults the head page directly.

My apologies, this was fixed somewhere in the patch series: "mm: tail page refcounting optimization for slab and hugetlbfs" (Jan 22nd).

Our merge was slightly older than I'd thought.