Re: i915 - Corruption on boot for 3.13.x

From: Jani Nikula
Date: Mon Mar 03 2014 - 04:31:39 EST

On Fri, 28 Feb 2014, Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hardware is a T520 with a i5-2520M (intel only).
>
> Booting via uefi stub, kernel config is attached.
>
> This is broken on 3.13.x the video shows hardened kernel being booted,
> but I've tested kernel.org sources as well with the same effect.
>
> I can boot, login and shutdown, etc; just graphics is broken.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxDyvyJTrXs
>
> Think that's it, let me know if there's more info I can get you.

Hi Matthew, thanks for the report.

Please file a bug on DRM/Intel component at [1]. Just because my gut
feeling says this will be better tracked there than by cluttering the
list...

On the bug, please indicate:

Did this use to work? Which kernel version?

Please disable i915.ko and see if there's still corruption in the
fb. It's hard to see from the video whether the corruption starts before
i915 gets loaded.

Please attach dmesg from early boot with drm.debug=0xe module parameter
set.

BR,
Jani.

[1] https://bugs.freedesktop.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=DRI