Re: fs: gpf in simple_setattr

From: Sasha Levin
Date: Tue Mar 04 2014 - 19:00:49 EST

On 03/03/2014 04:40 PM, Jan Kara wrote:
On Sat 01-03-14 15:05:21, Sasha Levin wrote:
>ping again?
>
>I've been working on it, but don't see an obvious issue.
>
>It does look like an access to invalid memory easily doable from
>userspace, so it should probably get fixed soon...
Hum, can you maybe dump the name in dentry passed to simple_setattr()? Or
maybe even the whole path using dentry_path() (but not sure if that will
be workable on half-torn-down fs)? Maybe it will give us a hint at which
filesystem to look...

It's just garbage, this is why I'm having a hard time making any progress with
this bug.

Thanks,
Sasha