USB remote wakeup through gpio interrupt

From: Jagdish Gedia
Date: Wed Mar 05 2014 - 09:22:33 EST

Hi,
There is some inconsistency in remote wakeup functionality in my
custom board. so I want to wakeup the runtime suspended USB host
through interrupt. My USB device is connected to the board through USB
interface and some gpios. device will give interrupt on processor gpio
when it needs attention of USB host. What should i do so that i can
wakeup the usb host when i get interrupt from the device.

My idea was to apply power management related hooks from the interrupt
handler, but I am not getting the clear idea.

My main doubt is,
Will this mechanism be efficient as remote wakeup functionality?