Re: [patch 00/11] userspace out of memory handling

From: Tejun Heo
Date: Thu Mar 06 2014 - 16:33:38 EST

A bit of addition.

On Thu, Mar 06, 2014 at 01:23:57PM -0800, David Rientjes wrote:
> This patchset provides a solution to a real-world problem that is not
> solved with any other patchset. I expect it to be reviewed as any other
> patchset, it's not an "RFC" from my perspective: it's a proposal for
> inclusion. Don't worry, Andrew is not going to apply anything
> accidentally.

I can't force it down your throat but I feel somewhat uneasy about how
this was posted without any reference to the previous discussion as if
this were just now being proposed especially as the said discussion
wasn't particularly favorable to this approach. Prefixing RFC or at
least pointing back to the original discussion seems like the
courteous thing to do.

Thanks.

--
tejun