RE: Enhancement for PLE handler in KVM

From: Li, Bin (Bin)
Date: Fri Mar 07 2014 - 17:09:08 EST

Fully agree.
It will be a very helpful feature to make ple setting per VM.
This feature will provide more flexible control to the VM user. All KVM user will love to have it.

The enhancement we proposed is neither overlapping nor conflicting with this feature. The enhancement is targeting to provide the best real time performance to the guest OS.
There will be more and more embedded system migrating to KVM. Especially in the telecom industry. And a lot of existing system will be running on top of customized embedded OS which significant different from generic OS (either linux or windows ).

Is there any concern regarding to the enhancement we need to address? Or more work need to be done?

Regards
Bin