Re: stmmac-socfpga breakage in arm-soc

From: Arnd Bergmann
Date: Wed Mar 19 2014 - 11:07:46 EST

On Wednesday 19 March 2014 09:20:17 Dinh Nguyen wrote:

> Peppe asked me to remove DWMAC_SOCFPGA Koption and take the dwmac-sti.c
> file as an example, which I did. The original patch for dwmac-sti.c had
> just a CONFIG_ARCH_STI Kconfig option and not CONFIG_DWMAC_STI.
>
> http://marc.info/?l=linux-netdev&m=138426461307138&w=2
>
> I'm sorry I did not follow the later versions of dwmac-sti.c.

Ok, so the two of you basically moved in opposite directions where
Srinivas started out with the method you ended up with and vice versa.

I think we've almost sorted things out now. I'll put this patch
into a temporary branch now so it shows up in tomorrow's linux-next,
and hopefully give us a working 'allmodconfig' build, but I'd hope
to get some more Acks for the final version, especially since the
patch is becoming larger than I hoped for now and we're very close
to the merge window.

Arnd