[PATCH 3.13 057/149] DRM: armada: fix use of kfifo_put()
From: Greg Kroah-Hartman
Date: Thu Mar 20 2014 - 21:20:55 EST
3.13-stable review patch. If anyone has any objections, please let me know.
From: Russell King <rmk+kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
commit d13c46c67e546bb1dc1c4dc7c43e388d0119276b upstream.
The kfifo_put() API changed in 498d319bb512 (kfifo API type safety)
which now results in the wrong pointer being added to the kfifo ring,
which then causes an oops. Fix this.
Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
drivers/gpu/drm/armada/armada_drv.c | 10 +---------
1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 9 deletions(-)
@@ -68,15 +68,7 @@ void __armada_drm_queue_unref_work(struc
struct armada_private *priv = dev->dev_private;
- * Yes, we really must jump through these hoops just to store a
- * _pointer_ to something into the kfifo. This is utterly insane
- * and idiotic, because it kfifo requires the _data_ pointed to by
- * the pointer const, not the pointer itself. Not only that, but
- * you have to pass a pointer _to_ the pointer you want stored.
- const struct drm_framebuffer *silly_api_alert = fb;
- WARN_ON(!kfifo_put(&priv->fb_unref, &silly_api_alert));
+ WARN_ON(!kfifo_put(&priv->fb_unref, fb));
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/