Re: rb tree hrtimer lockup bug (found by perf_fuzzer)

From: Vince Weaver
Date: Mon Mar 31 2014 - 09:28:17 EST

On Mon, 31 Mar 2014, Thomas Gleixner wrote:

> Vince, can you please disable CONFIG_DEBUG_KOBJECT_RELEASE and remove
> all the debug patches to see whether the issue goes away?

It makes the crash on boot go away, but it is still possible to trigger
a similar crash (hrtimer oopsing due to corrupt rbtree) using the
perf_fuzzer.

This all started because when trying to debug the perf_fuzzer crash I
was told to turn on the extra debugging, and then that caused the crash at
boot.

The fuzzer related crash happens on both a core2 and a haswell machine
and it triggers pretty quickly when fuzzing, I'll have to go back and see
how repeatable it is.

Vince