Re: [GIT PULL] USB patches for 3.15-rc1

From: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz
Date: Wed Apr 02 2014 - 10:46:19 EST

Hi,

On Wednesday, April 02, 2014 06:36:13 PM Kishon Vijay Abraham I wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wednesday 02 April 2014 11:12 AM, Loc Ho wrote:
> > Hi,

> >> Odd, I don't know what to do to fix this up "properly".
> >>
> >> Loc Ho, this came in from your patch, any ideas?
>
> Shouldn't we let the users to enable PHY_XGENE (maybe add in the platform
> defconfig)?

The idea that PHY drivers have to be explicitly enabled to make
other drivers work doesn't sound very attractive. I would prefer
to go with Loc's idea of dropping COMPILE_TEST dependency and
making the AHCI_XGENE driver available only on ARM64.

Best regards,
--
Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz
Samsung R&D Institute Poland