Re: GFS2: Pull request (merge window)

From: Steven Whitehouse
Date: Mon Apr 07 2014 - 05:32:22 EST

Hi,

On Fri, 2014-04-04 at 14:52 -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 4:15 PM, Steven Whitehouse <swhiteho@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Please consider pulling the following changes
>
> This pull request is also missing shortlog and diffstat, like Jeff
> Layton's did. Did we have some tooling failure, or is it just
> coincidence?
>
> Please, guys, make sure your pull requests are valid. I've pulled this
> one too, but..
>
> Linus

Sorry for the delay. I'd just been travelling for a few days and I
didn't have remote access to the box I used to generated the pull
request. Now that I've been able to have a look at the bash history, I
can see what has happened....

git request-pull gfs2-merge-window git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/steve/gfs2-3.0-nmw.git >my.pull

What what I'd used to generate the request. Which is incorrect in that
it should have been:

git request-pull master git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/steve/gfs2-3.0-nmw.git gfs2-merge-window >my.pull

but it seems by putting the arguments in the wrong order, I still got a
pull request generated, but without the diffstat, which is probably why
I didn't spot my mistake.

Anyway, apologies for having messed this up - I'll make a note to check
this in future,

Steve