Re: [GIT PULL] ext4 changes for 3.15

From: Theodore Ts'o
Date: Mon Apr 07 2014 - 10:08:03 EST

On Mon, Apr 07, 2014 at 03:15:36PM +0200, Miklos Szeredi wrote:

> > Is there anything obvious that I might be doing wrong?
>
> I only wired up the syscall for x86_64. Who's responsible for adding
> all the syscall tables for the various architectures?

Ah, and I was testing with i386, not x86_64, so that it explains that.

It's been quite a while since I've worked to add a new system call,
but my impressure is that in general the person who creates the new
system call needs to reach out to the architecture maintainers
(preferably with a patch :-), since otherwise the architecture
maintainers would have no idea that a new syscall has been added.

- Ted