Re: Slow down stupid pounders

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Tue May 06 2014 - 07:22:18 EST

On Tue, May 06, 2014 at 07:08:54AM -0400, Steven Rostedt wrote:
> Hey, I'm one of those that jerk off to CPU hotplug stress test scripts!

I know you are, Mike gave me your script. Like you haven't done enough!

:-P

> We were just bitching about this yesterday, but -rt related. As
> anything crap in mainline just becomes exponentially more crap in -rt.
> The CPU hotplug case becomes a mountain of crap that we just dig
> tunnels through to get by.
>
> A while ago Thomas had a proof of concept patch I believe that was
> suppose to pick up traction but unfortunately never went anywhere, even
> after being told it would.
>
> The real option is to rewrite cpu hotplug.

I know, and we might get lucky, after all.

I'm proposing this as a temporary thing until we have the real deal in
place. I simply would like to shoo those pounding beaks in the interim.

:-)

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.

Sent from a fat crate under my desk. Formatting is fine.