Re: ftdi_sio BUG: NULL pointer dereference

From: Mike Remski
Date: Mon Jun 02 2014 - 12:09:43 EST

On 06/02/2014 11:40 AM, Johan Hovold wrote:
[ Please avoid top-posting. ]

On Mon, Jun 02, 2014 at 11:16:11AM -0400, Mike Remski wrote:
Thanks Johan, that's why I looked at the cross references for ftdi_sio.c
over on
http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/drivers/usb/serial/ftdi_sio.c,
latest version it's showing is 3.14. It appears that the ftdi_sio code
is largely the same as in 2.6.32, particularly in the
ftdi_set_max_packet_size() function.
Lots of things have changed since v2.6.32 and not just in the driver
itself but in all the infrastructure it relies on.

I'm trying to verify if the "number of endpoints is 0" is a valid
situation.
No, that is not normal, but it should not crash the driver if it's a
hardware issue. What is the lsusb -v output of your device (make sure
the ftdi_sio driver isn't loaded when connecting the device).

And what happens if you plug it into a machine running a recent kernel?

Thanks,
Johan
Plugging device into a system running Redhat, kernel 3.3.4 crashes the system.

--
Office: (978)401-4032 (x123 internally)
Cell: (603) 759-6953