Re: [BUG] signal: sighand unprotected when accessed by /proc

From: Oleg Nesterov
Date: Tue Jun 03 2014 - 15:26:41 EST

On 06/03, Steven Rostedt wrote:

> You know, this code could use some comments. I may send you a patch,
> because that __lock_task_sighand() is doing a lot of subtle things and
> there's not a single comment explaining it :-(

Yes, agreed. Not only SLAB_DESTROY_BY_RCU is not obvious, local_irq_save()
is not clear at all. The latter already has a doc patch from Paul, I'll try
to add more comments on top once I see that patch in Linus's tree.

But I would be happy if you send the patch ;)

And this reminds me... I still think that __lock_task_sighand() should be
de-uglified. I already sent the patch, probably I'll resend it.

Oleg.